About The Pirate Castle
Based on the Regents Canal, the crew of the Pirate Castle warmly welcome people from all ages and walks of life to share their expertise and enthusiasm of water-based activities, and have devoted themselves to doing so for the past 45 years.
Our dedicated team of staff, coaches and volunteers provide an impressive array of inclusive community activities and training on both water and land, including:
- Water Activities: skippering, canoes and kayaks, canal boating
- Training & Courses: Certificate in Community Boat Management (CCBM), the Community Crew Course (CCC) and the Boat Handling Certificate (BHC), also Kayak Instructor Training, Beginners and Intermediate Kayak Training, Disability Equality Training, First Aid, and Child Protection.
- Workshops: theatre, comedy
- Classes: dance, yoga, taekwondo
- Children's Parties
- School & Youth Services
- Adventure Sports: canoeing and kayaking, rock climbing, hill & mountain / wild walking
- Holiday / Summer Schools
- Excluded Children's Activities
- Youth Club
- Adult Canoe & Kayak Club
- Council Surgeries
- Canal Boat Hire
- Available For Hire: fully accessible large community hall, club room, meeting room & kitchen
The Pirate Castle is fully accessible complete with lift, accessible toilets and showers, and an induction loop.
Here is a video about some of the activities offered at the Pirate Castle: